Hi. I have a 7 year old son who lately has red swollen palms. We’ve tried several meds to treat it but with no result at all. What could be the cause??? Is there some way to treat it?? I just want to mention that only his palms are red and swollen but everything else seems to be ok… He does not have any pain, itchiness or anything similar. Please help.

From what you’ve wrote my best guess is that your child has disease called “Kawasaki disease”. It is the most common form of vasculitis that primarily affects children. It produces irritation and inflammation of many tissues of the body, including the hands, feet, whites of the eyes, mouth, lips, and throat. Treatment for Kawasaki disease is determined by your child's physician based on your child's age, overall health, and medical history, extent of the disease and your child's tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapies but as far as I know IV gamma globulin is best solution.