Hello! For the last four days my 4 year-old daughter has been experiencing fever. Her lymph nodes on the neck are swollen, and I thought it was a cold or something, so I made her warm and waited to see if it will go away. But it didn’t. Now, on the fifth day, her palms started to swell as well, and she has been scratching them the whole morning. Now, I got really scared. I am trying to reach a doctor but nobody is answering. Any advice on what this should be? Thanx !!!

Hi there! I certainly hope you managed to reach your doctor. It doesn’t sound so good that 4 year-old experience swelling of the palms. The symptoms you have mentioned resemble a disease that usually affects children called Kawasaki Disease. It involves the skin, mouth, and lymph nodes. If the symptoms are recognized, a child can be cured in a couple of days. On the other hand, if it is not recognized it can lead to serious complications that can involve the heart.

could be scarlet fever