To make a long story short I've been suffering from a sore throat for about a week now. I've searched my symptoms online and one thing that kept coming up is tonsil stones.

I've been keeping an eye on my throat but never saw anything that sounded like the description of a tonsil stone. I have large tonsils so I wasn't really concerned that they appeared swollen.

The past 2 days I've been feeling discomfort in my ear as well and again was pointed to it being tonsil stones. When I looked in my throat this evening I saw a small white dot on my tonsil. I used a cotton swab to try to wipe it away and more white stuff came out of my tonsil.

I'm assuming these are tonsil stones. I'm unaware of anything else that it could be.

My question is, will the removal of tonsil stones lead to immediate pain relief? My throat does feel better but there is still a little bit of discomfort. It doesn't look like there is anything else on my tonsil but is it possible that there is more to remove? And will that surface on it's own with time?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me!

My brother had the same problem as described by you. This stone like thing or I should say objects - their size was identical to that of a seed from a Lady's Finger vegetable - these gave him fever, an infection and sometimes much irritation. This continued for few years and then vanished suddenly - now he does not have this problem - he however took no medication! Doctors too were unable to diagnose exact problem!

I will want someone knowledgeable to post something on this :)

You better check this thread - https://www.steadyhealth.com/Tonsil_Stones_t70496.html?page=1