Wondering if anybody has any advice/opinion on this.

For a bit more than a year my scrotum has been getting larger/swelling up. It's grown to about a midsized watermelon now. Not painful and feels soft. Quite uncomfortable all the time, specially when walkinh, cause of size and weight.

Saw my GP bout it a few months ago, who sent me to an urologist. Urologist did an exam and basically told me not to worry unless it becomes painful or hard.

Now I got the urologists written report. ' ... the  obese, 34 year old, male patient presents with a bilateraly grossly enlarged scrotum ... he reports no pain ... he presents with minor pre-existing weight related mobility issues but appears to not be overly further hindered by the enlarged scrotum ...  upon physical examination a large, soft mass is easily palpable ... it appears to be most likley an adipose, bilateral, scrotal deposit ... i recommend regular follow up and physical examination of the scrotum ... biopsy of the mass if patient reports pain or a change in the mass ... (paraphrased )'

So I'm not quite sure what to make of this tbh. Any insights would be great. Thanks

Hi Steve,

The biopsy can help identify the cause.

You are going to need to go back to the urologist and press him for answers/treatment.  Can it be treated?  It depends upon the cause.  Certainly anything that is continually getting larger and causing you difficulty in walking is worth investigating.

Good luck.

Thanks Dan
I'm on the waiting list for a follow up appointment with the urologist.
Tbh when I saw him bout this he showed little interest in my problem. Even less when told it's not painful. He was just well it doesn't hurt and it's not causing you too much trouble with walking so don't worry about.
My scrotum has grown in the two months since, as I said bout the size of a medium watermelon now, and getting heavier too. The larger it gets the more uncomfortable it is, walking, sitting, etc. And not wanting to sound vain, but the size it's now it's not something I can hide, people notice and stare.
Anyway, hope at the follow up appointment I can get some more answers.

Oops. Wasn't signed in

Sorry you had a negative experience with the urologist. If you don't feel as though they are focusing on your care then find another one that does.

Good luck

Good call Dan.
Unfortunately he's the only urologist in a two hour radius. If my second appointment, once I get it, is as bad as the first one I will have to try see a urologist in the city (4 hour drive from me).