i had gotten sick a couple of months ago and had gotten a sore throat. my glands had swollen up along with them hurting. i told my mother and she told me it was nothin. they never did go away as i became better and now i'm sick again and my glands are still swollen. it also looks as if i have gained weight in my neck and my face. i told my mother and again she said it was nothing should i tell her i would like to get it check out by a doctor

Yes, you should certainly tell her you would like to be evaluated by a doctor. It is normal for the glands to swell when we are sick because they represent a first line in the body’s defense against illnesses and intruders. Swollen glands may stay a bit swollen after an infection passes but if they persist for longer than a month, they should be certainly checked.
Your mother should take this more seriously if they haven’t subsided. When you do see a doctor, you should tell him/her everything you wrote here and add if you have left something out.
At first they may think that they had swollen due to your second infection but make sure you reported they never subsided after your first illness.