My doctor told me Scarlet fever is caused by an infection with group A streptococcus bacteria. These bacteria are supposed to make a toxin or poison. This is the main cause the scarlet rash, from which this illness gets its name. However, this is all I know about this interesting disease. That is why my answer is if there is anyone who could tell me more about symptoms of Scarlet fever.

First, I want to say not all streptococci bacteria make this toxin and not all kids are sensitive to it. Two kids in the same family may both have streptococcus infections, but one child who is sensitive to the toxin may develop the rash of scarlet fever. In the same time, the other child may not experience Scarlet fever at all. Usually, if a child has this scarlet rash and other symptoms of streptococcus-infected throat, it can be treated with antibiotics and skin treatments for the rash. Therefore, if your child has these symptoms, it is important to call doctor. Symptoms of Scarlet fever are the rash, which is the most striking symptom of scarlet fever. It usually begins looking like bad sunburn with tiny bumps and it may itch in some cases. The rash usually appears first on the neck and face, but leaving a clear unaffected area around patients mouth. It spreads to the chest and back, and then to the rest of the body, which is recognizable symptom for Scarlet fever. In body creases, especially around the underarms and elbows, the rash forms classic red streaks that are easy to be noticed.