Hello. Pediatrician told me that my baby has hip dysplasia. She is very young, only few months old so I was not able to see any symptoms of that disease. Can you help me and explain me the symptoms of hip dysplasia? Is it necessary to consult doctor for that?

Although baby is very small, you need to consult doctor for a diagnosis. The pediatrician typically does tests such as Ortolani tests by spreading the thighs, or the Barlow test by bringing the knees together, to elicit this finding. Doctor may suspect the problem if the child has tight hip adductors - he has a hard time spreading the baby’s hips. He may also notice that the skin creases around the groin or the buttocks are not symmetrical-the folds in the skin of the thigh or buttocks may appear uneven. Also symptom can be found in the space between the legs may look wider than normal. In future, always consult your baby's physician for a diagnosis.