i have chronic ITP and i was wondering if it was safe to get a tattoo.

i have itp also. i have several tattoos and piercings and my dr isnt thrilled about me getting them but she tells me to just make sure im above 50,000 before going...ive gone at 48,000 and i was fine.

I have had ITP for almost 5 years now and i am an extreme fan of tattoos and piercings. As the other post said you should just watch your levels. Ive been tattooed in the 30,000s and yes i did bleed a lot but tattoo looks great and im perfectly fine. only thing is you may need a touch up a few months later due to losing more ink because of bleeding. You should know your body well enough to know how it clots. I usually just warn the person before hand that there will be more blood then the average person but dont usually admit to have a bleeding disorder because some artists wont work on you if they know.