Good evening. I am planing to get some tattoo. The size of it will be pretty huge, it will cover my whole back, but I wanted to have it always. Sure, first I need to get all the possible tips that I can get, because I am always careful in everything, so I don't see why this wouldn't be a case with a tattoo lol :)

Anyway, I was hoping that you can share some tattoo aftercare tips with me?

So, when you got a tattoo, what were you doing and for how many days you were taking a care of it? 

Well, since I am crazy in love with tattoo art, I know so many of this topic. And yes, I do have tattoos - three of them, I didn't put an ink on my whole body, but who knows. LOL. Anyway, here are a couple of tips for tattoo aftercare.

First, you should leave the bandage for an hour after you made a tattoo after you get out of the salon. After you remove the bandage, you should wash your tattoo with a warm water. Dry it with a clean paper towel. After, you should apply a thin layer of some product, some cream that your tattoo artist recommended you. Keep your tattoo clean, wash it with warm water and antibacterial soap. Repeat this for two weeks. Good luck! 

Celebrity

I agree on all of that advice, they are pretty helpful and they are something that everyone who gets a new tattoo should know. Anyway, you forget to mention some, also very important things. DO NOT expose your new tattoo to a sun or to a salt water. If you are planning to visit a seaside these days, my recommendation is to prolong this.

You can only make a damage.

Also, if you are going to a gym, you should put this activity to a pause, because you can also make a damage to your new tattoo and your skin. 

The most important thing is to wash your tattoo once or twice a day for a next two weeks After you washed your tattoo, apply a fragrance- and alcohol-free moisturizer or cream, what your tattoo artist recommended you. When you wash, you might notice some ink running into the sink. In that case, don't worry, this is just excess ink that’s come up through your skin. Don't peal your skin, don't be hard with cleaning it, etc.

If you notice some redness, also don't be scared because this redness will start to fade after three our four days. It will be OK.

Hello guys. So, I can help :)
I am 18 years old and I finally did a tattoo on my neck. It was my long time wish so I finally did it. Of course, I am really careful so I did a lot of researches about this. So, I can say that I have learned everything....well, almost everything when it comes to tattoo aftercare :)
So, the main thing - follow your tattoo artist instructions.
Wash your tattoo gently, first time when you need to wash it is after a couple of hours - two or three.
Tattoo needs to be DRY and CLEAN.
Be patient when it comes to a healing time. If the tattoo is bigger, it may takes a more time to be healed.

Hey guys. So, you know that a lot of people actually lose some ink while they are in the healing process, while they are taking a care of their tattoo? Well, this should not be a problem for you and it should not bother you, because a skin just simply refuses some type of the ink, and that is OK. So, here is what you need to do -when this healing process is done, you should go to your studio should retouch it. They will do it for for free – don't worry, because it is in their interests to make sure you're happy with the final product. They will be happy as well.

well, I had really bad experience with my tattoo artist when I went to see him telling him that this ink needs to be repaired. he told me that it is my fault because some parts of the ink just vanished. since it was my first tattoo, I really believed that I did something bad, and now, when I am reading all of your posts, I am sure that I did everything OK. now, there is no way back, but I know what I am going to say to him next time when I see him. I really take care of my tattoo after I get out from this tattoo salon,I follow every single step that he told me, every advice that I found on line. it can't be my mistake...

Celebrity

Well, I have to agree on that one - if you did everything well, there is no reason for you to believe that it was your fault, that you didn't care properly for your tattoo. I hope that now you do know where you will not do your next tattoo, right? Anyway, taking care of the tattoo generally, it is not a big deal. Some antibacterial soap, clean water, clean towels, and paper will be just fine. 

Also, one more tip - once you remove the bandage, do not put it again on your tattoo. Skin needs to "breath". That is important.