My artist told me to use petroleum jelly on my tattoo and I am using it! During my research I found some people saying its not good and some saying its fine.. So I wana know who has used vaseline on their healing tattoo and how did it come out after it was healed?

I have so many tattoos and I have never used a petroleum jelly on it. Tha main problem with petroleum jelly is that it can trap dirt and germs and cause infection. Even if this product is good, you should not apply that one on your fresh new tattoo. If you apply it, for sure it  will create a moist, humid pocket of trapped air between the jelly and your skin. The tattoo aftercare is really important. I was using a simple antibacterial cream, I was using a panthenol cream and I would recommend it to anyone. You can use a Bepanthen as well. 

i dont have any tattoos but i know alot of ppl with them vaseline is fine but i would go with a&d ointment my friend said vaseline made her tatt itch more i really dont kno cuz i havent experienced that yet but whatever works best for you it doesnt hurt to try go out and get some a&d

Personally on the large tattoo I had on my leg I could not use any oil/ointment of any kind. Every time I applied the ointment (either Vaseline or the ointment they sold to me it leached out the ink from my skin somehow. I had to dry-heal it (not using any ointment or lotions). It healed ok but due to the id**t who inked me I have tons of scarring all over the damn tattoo. He was apparently a novice (as I found out after contacting the studio about the severe infections). My other tattoos did fine with ointment. I think I did use vaseline. But those were done a little later at a different shop buy a qualified, seasoned artist. Had no scarring/issues with those.

I am also curious if lubricating jelly is a good product for after care of tattoo. Lubricating jelly is water based. Vaseline is oil based. I used lubricating jelly for 2 days and it felt really good. It stopped my severe itching under the tattoo. I just don't know if this will have a bad effect on the tattoo in the long run