Hey guys, so I am reading about this all products for tattoo after care and there are so many of them, I just don't know which one I can choose without making a mistake. I mean, I think that I can't make a mistake, but I want to know which one you consider as the best. My good friend told me that Bepanthen is OK, but I don't know many of people who were using it. So, what do you think? Is it ok to use Bepanthen for tattoo after care? Do you have any experiences with it? Tnx a lot for any advice. 

Now, I am aware that a lot of tattooed people will tell that I really don't have a clue when it comes to tattoo aftercare, but I have to say NO. Aldo that this cream is known as a product that is good and that this is an antiseptic cream, is not one of those that you can use on your new tattoo. Why? Because a Bepanthen is not recommended for tattoo aftercare since it is intended to treat nappy rashes on a baby's bottom. Incorrect use can cause your tattoo to develop a marbled effect and then what? I hope that you know what am I saying. I mean, you can ask anyone you want. 

User avatar 334 posts

Good day.

Find a better option, I think that Bepanthen is not a good option for your new tattoo. I think that it can cause some rashes, which is not good. I know that this cream was a first at everyone mind before, but it is a past. There is a reason why someone told that this cream is not good anymore for a tattoo. 

Maybe you will read somewhere that this is not the worse thing for the tattoo, but it is not. It is simply not good. So, maybe you should find some other way and cream to treat your tattoo. 

I would swear that Bepanthen is the best for the tattoos, but that is just because I know that my bro was using it - 12 years ago. It seems to me that some things are changer, right?

I was wondering why is that, since I think that this cream contains a ProVitamin B5, which has been proven to help your skin to recover naturally and quick.

So, why some cream, that was the best for the tattoo aftercare now is not that good?

I just want to know, I am a little bit curious :) So, let me know, please.

For an ages people were using a Bepanthen as a main cream for the tattoo aftercare. I am not really sure what could have change in this time. Maybe some ingredients are different? I don't know, but all that I do know that I would use it for sure on my new tattoo, just because I believed that this is something that you use regularly, without having a fear of anything. Now, I see that this also became a "knowledge", finding a right cream for your tattoo. Generally, it is worth of finding some good advices. I would do that for sure.

so, I have three different tattoos on my body. I made them in the two year difference. for all three of them I was using a Bepanthen and I saw now difference at all. all of my tattoos remain fresh, normal, the same, just like they should be. my skin was not dried, my tattoos didn't become gray. so, I don't really know what could it be different in this period, but I know that this is one of the cream that I really do trust. and it never failed me down. maybe some experts believe that this cream is a little bit old for some new inks and new tattoo techniques, but I dressage.

User avatar 334 posts

Well, I am not saying that this cream is a disaster option, I am just sure that you can find the better one since so many experts agree on the thing that this cream is maybe "old". I was reading that Bepanthen actually prevents your tattoo to get healed, or at least to get healed quickly as it should. When your tattoo doesn't heal in its time, it can become a problem - it can get infected. As you already know, the main ingredient of Bepanthen is dexpanthenol, which is an ingredient that is derived from panthenol. So, in the cosmetic industry, it is true - it is used as an emollient and moisturizer, but as an ointment, it penetrates the skin causing the irritation. Not my words :)