I have kept up regular exercise pattern for many years now and feel that it is very beneficial. Recently though I have noticed the morning after exercising that my legs ache. Some days it is quite severe although thankfully it slowly goes away. I dont really want to hold back on the exercise or use strong meds. Any advice?

If you have been doing the same exercises for many years without any problem, and suddenly you start to develop problems, aging may have to do with it. Aging causes our ligaments and tendons to lose its elasticity resulting in inflammation and pain when we exceed their limits. You may have to spend more time warming up. Light aerobic exercise and light weight exercise are good ways to warm up. This should be followed by stretching exercises. This also means your work out will take longer to complete.

Thanks Hoseclamps - Yes as much as I dont want to admit it I reckoned that getting older was going to be part of the problem. I will check out warming up and down exercises. Thanks for your reply.