Hi I am an atheletic 23 year old male who's recently developed testicle pain. For the past week or so I have experienced pain in my left testicle after lying down for a long period of time. After standing up and walking around the pain noticebly improves. In the last few days the pain has to radiated to my lower left abdomin. After examing my testicles I didnt find any lumps on the testicles but did notice a very small lump on a vein coming out the of my epididymis. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks.

Suspect a varicocele which is simply a varicose condition of the blood supply to the testicles. These are tiny and wrapped around the epedidimus. Took me years and several doctors to get this condition diagnosed and fixed. In the end I diagnosed it myself with info from the web and then had to convince a doc. A real ordeal. At least I managed to find a skilled specialist in this repair which is delicate microsurgery. Not a job for the average lamer.

After a hot bath you should be able, while standing, to feel something like, (and called) a "bag of worms" in the scrotum. The "worms" are the swollen veins surrounding the epididimus. This rules varicocele in but not out because a varicosity may be up inside the abdomen.