Well to start off, im 15, and a diabetic, and 2 days ago, i started feeling pain in my right testicle for some weird reason. The pants i was wearing were kinda rubbing against it, which made me notice the pain. Like it sometimes hurts to walk, but when sitting or laying down, on my back, there is NO PAIN. When i look at them, my right sometimes looks a little lower than the other. If i pull up on my penis, the 2 testicles look exactly the same, exept for, for some reason, that line of skin on the bottom of the penis kind of leads to my right testicle. Also, if it hurts, the right side of my lower stomache, like the right side of my abs will hurt, as well as the area above the penis, where my pubic area is. (only right side). 2 days ago, i was lifting weights, and i was doing military press (sitting upright) and i had the 50 lb weight sitting right on my pubic area. I also was doing shrugs with 100+ lbs, and that was rubbing against my whole area, testis, penis, everything. So it might be because of that. I might be peeing a little more than usual. i can still get a hard- on and everything, and i havnt lost sexual desire, and i masterbate alot, usually 5 times a week (and its getting annoying because i WANT to masterbate, but im afraid to because i dont know what will happen). But i havnt masterbated at all since its been hurting, because idk if i should. I'm a virgin, and in pretty good shape, i'm athletic. And lastly, ive felt around and it seems that my right testicle is in the wrong position, like the enof of the testicle is pushing against the skin, making a bulge, which will rub against any clothes i wear, causing pain. I put ice on it recently, helped a bit. And since this morning it hasnt had that much pain, its alot better than yesterday.

So, what i would really like to know is-

-What is it?
-How can i cure it, or move the testicle back into place?
-How can i relive the pain?
-Can i masterbate?
-How long is the healing process?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

-Tym R

Hi Tym,

If the pain started right after putting the weight on your pubic area you probably pulled some muscles. You say that it was rubbing the whole area, so you probably irritated your testis or the vas deferens. Have you done a self exam? Do both testicles feel about the same?

You know how it feels to get kicked in the groin, does it feel like that?

This shouldn't change how often you urinate. You're probably just more aware of it.

As for masturbating, go ahead. I don't think you'll have any problems.

It'll probably be fine in a couple of days.

I know it's easy to worry about this but I don't think it's serious. If it continues or you find any lumps then you should see your doctor.

Thanks for the answer. The thing is- it feels like my right testicle is tilted, pushing towards the skin. I think something may have gotten disconnected, like a vein, or whatever holds them in place. And it will also move around more than my left will.

As for a self exam, it kind of feels like the right is bigger than the left, but its really hard to tell, because i have alot of skin down there.

As for a self exam, it kind of feels like the right is bigger than the left, but its really hard to tell, because i have alot of skin down there, so ill have to do another check.

And yes, when it hurts, it feels like ive been kicked in the groin. Almost the same exact pain.

I don't think you "disconnected" anything. Your testicle may be swollen and that may be why if feels funny. Any trauma to the testicle will cause discomfort, which often radiates into the abdomen.

How is the pain today? Is it any better?

Yeah, i really think that it's swollen. Its a bit better today, ive been walking and havnt felt any real pain. But the last couple days ive been walking around in basketball shorts instead of jeans and stuff, because im afraid that jeans WILL make it hurt.

I just dont know HOW it got swollen, and thats what scares me. I know it might be the thing with the weights, but it didnt start hurting untill hours after that. I dont know if i might of sat on it wrong, or what.. It just seems bigger than my left. And i dont know what the result will be if i put jeans on..

It could be the weights, from what you said that is what I'd think of first. It could be something else of course. You could have an infection, but from what source?

I really think your testicle suffered some trauma, probably from the weights.

Give it some time.

There are muscles that pull the testicle. They are called "crewmaster" muscles. They raise and lower the testicle to regulate the temperature. Have you tried masturbating? It would be interesting to note what happens when your testicles rise. Maybe things will go "back" into position.

It's just a thought.

Well the thing im scared of is, ive read things about where peoples testicle hurts, and when they masterbated, blood came out?! I would be scared out of my mind if that happened...

I masterbated, and im happily to say that there was NO BLOOD.

BUT- there wasnt as much semen as usual, and it was more transparent than it usually is, not as white. It might be because i was kind of holding off right when it started, because i feared blood, but there was none. So..

IDK, but the pain when walking is going away slowly. Its still sticking out further than the left, and feels bigger and more loose than the left.

And by the way, untill now, ive gone 4 days without masterbating.

been a while since any replies..

Well, the pain in m right testicle is gone, but now i have pain in my left one (same exact pain)

Well, the pain in the right testicle is gone, but now the left one hurts. (same exact pain/ swelling)