My amniotic membranes ruptured a week ago, 22 weeks into my pregnancy. What are the chances of my baby surviving? Should I expect complications due to amniotic membranes rupture?

It is very difficult time to predict which mothers and babies will do well and which will not. The risks involve infection for you and for the baby and prematurity is another risk, lack of oxygen to the baby, fetal malformations. If the amniotic membranes rupture occurs prior to 26 weeks, research shows that approximately half of mothers will go into labor within one week. In many cases the leak may seal over, amniotic fluid will continue to be produced and the pregnancy will progress without any more problems, but you continue to produce a cup of fluid every hour for the baby, so don't be afraid that he is in a dry environment. Talk to your doctor!