2 days ago, I noticed a little spot on my son's testicles. It did not worry me as much until now. When I last looked, the spot looked very red and his testicles have swollen but I do not think it is painful. He seems perfectly fine, is still very active and eating as normal. I am just concerned as he is my first and I have never seen anything like it.

This could be a birth mark that is relatively common in infant boys. If the testicles continue to swell, however, I suggest you take him to the doctor.

Hi there,
The fact that he has a spot on the testicle and that the testicle begin to swell means that there is a good possibility that he has a hydrocele. In about half of newborn boys have a chance to develop an accumulation around the testicles which can cause swelling. The fact is that this swelling in most cases don’t bother the baby and this doesn’t require any additional treatment. Also this should resolve on its own by the time your son turn first year. So you might notice this for several more months. You can always consult your doctor when you take him to his regular checkups. I hope this helped you a bit.

Best wishes,
Marco