Hi all. I’ve had this sore throat for a while and it really started bothering me. I’ve also dicovered small nodes in the back of my throat this morning... Those are annoying too. Anyway, I would like to know weather the two things are connected and how can I treat this?? Do I have to see my doc or I can take one of the over the counter meds for it?? Thanks.

Hi there. I really don’t mean to scare you but if nodes and sore throat are indeed connected, than you have symptom of the throat cancer... It does not necessarily have to be that, but it is likely.... Anyway, I think that you should visit your doc immediately to have it properly checked... After all, it is always good to get diagnosed as soon as possible because early diagnose can improve treatment... Good luck.

The entire back of my throat is covered is bumps and an ENT explained to me that they are the result of prolonged post nasal drip and are like calluses, just like the kind you get on your hand. I have been seen my several doctors which have all noticed them but the never had a concern of it being throat cancer. The only remedy for these bumps is to have them surgically removed. You can leave them there without any harm unless you notice one that looks odd in color or different than the other ones; at that point you should see the doctor. Persistent sore throat is cause to see the doctor right away. If it's strep, complications can arise if untreated and if it's not, then you need to get checked for things like mono and allergies. I am in the testing process right to find out why I've had a sore throat 4 times in the last 2 months so I feel your pain.