Hello, I am a 25 year old male medical student. I noticed over the last couple of weeks (that is, I think this is a chronic process) that I have bilateral multiple firm non tender small non movable superficial inguinal lymph nodes. I have no other symptoms involving my groin, lungs, etc, and I consider myself in excellent health. I have no stds that I know about, and haven't had any major infections recently besides a few colds. Is there any normal reason for them? Only info I can find says that they would be metastatic, but that seems extreme to me. Thank you for your advice. In any case, I'm going to get them checked out in a few days.

Hi Guest,

Metastatic really does sound extreme, but as I can see you didn’t have any infection in your body that could evoke the lymph nodes. How big are they? Is there any change in the size? You really can’t know if the lymph nodes are related to cancer if you don’t do the biopsy, and for this you will need to go to the hospital. You are a medical student and you should know the symptoms of cancer.

Are you experiencing any pain from the lymph nodes? Are you on any medication in last few month? This might be just a side effect from some medication. The best option for you is the biopsy of the nodes to rule out the cancer.

You asked this a while ago so I don't know whether or not you are still active on this website but I have the same exact thing. I went to my doctor and she said that she may just be able to feel them because I am slender. However she wanted to run a CBC anyway. I have recently become obsessed with every little thing that exists on my body and the internet doesn't help. I've come across the same things that you have, matastic cancer, lymphoma. What did your doctor end up saying?