I am 35 and am pretty much afraid for I think I might be having breast cancer. I have noticed and felt under my fingers some palpable lymph nodes write around my breast area that are spreading toward my left under arms area. I am pretty much concerned over these palpable lymph nodes for my mom had breast cancer at my age so do you think I should be worried.

Well if your lymph nodes are palpable or swollen I would always advice medical control especially regarding the family history in your case. But don't get panic for in some cases these palpable lymph nodes might be caused by some infection or inflammation so they might be pretty much well be treated by simply taking OTC, over-the-counter, pain relievers or simply by applying some warm compresses. Anyway the cause of palpable lymph nodes might be even more serious as you are aware of so just to get calm you should go check the real cause of your palpable lymph nodes for as you already know the cause might even breast cancer but if it is recognized on time the prognoses are excellent. Anyway if you notice your palpable lymph nodes continue to enlarge and if are not soft so if you touch them fixed and hard and if all this is followed by fever and night sweats than it is time to visit a doc.

it most likely isn't anything - but swollen lymph nodes in the underside of your arms and breasts can be an early sign of breast cancer, as my doctor told me during a mammogram. Please don't be scared and just go see a doctor... if it's nothing, IT WILL END YOUR WORRIES! if it IS something, you can treat it now!

good luck with you -