Hi, I noticed this problem a couple of years ago while i was trying to lose some weight i joined a gym and started to do a weight class called body pump, one particular move is having the weight bar (i have very week arms so use very little weight) across your shoulders behind your head while standing than doing lunges or squats. but i find that withinn 10-20 seconds my arm tingles turns blue than aches like crazy untill i drop my arm down below shoulder length. I have tried just lifting my arm without any weight above shoulder height and the same thing happens.
The pain and colour goes straight back to normal within seconds of dropping below shoulder height.
I have visited my doctor who sent me for an x ray which turned up nothing so he said that i should just not lift my arm above shoulder height!.
I am not happy with this outcome as something is deff not right with my arm, i am guessing its a pinch on a nerve in my shoulder. But i would just like to use my arms as usual (its mainly my left arm but does also after a longer period do the same to my right).
Has anyone else experienced this and can i do anything to help it?
I am not majorly over weight just a couple of stone.

Also forgot to add, the x ray was to check if i had an extra rib as the doc thinks its Thoracic Outlet syndrome. which i do not.

Yes this happens to me too! When the bar is across the top of my back for lunges.