I'VE HAD THIS PAIN NOW A WEEK THAT IS IN MY SHOULDER, AND IF I MOVE MY HEAD IN ANY DIRECTION, SIDE TO SIDE OR FORWARD IT WILL CAUSE A SHARRP PAIN IN MY NECK THAT RADIATES DOWN MY ARM. THE PAIN GETS SO SEVERE THAT EVEN BY MY KIDS TOUCHING MY ARM IT HURTS... ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT MAY CAUSE THIS. i DID NOT LIFT ANYTHING TO CAUSE A INJURED MUSCLE IN ANY WAY. AND IF ITS A PINCHED NERVE IDK HOW IT HAPPENED BUT IT IS VERY PAINFUL.... :'(

I had this pain. It was caused by a muscle spasm that was preventing me from moving my neck in certain directions because I had what's called "reversal of the normal cervical lordosis". In other words, the spine in my neck had changed it's direction of curvature.

i also have severe pain that radiates down the arm. however, this has been going on for almost a year. now i'm feeling it on my left arm too. it is so painful, i scream out loud when i put on a blouse or lift my arm a couple of inches. a couple of years ago it started on my right arm, but it wasn't so bad, it began getting worse. i will stay in the house for days, not go out at all because of the pain.