Hi, I need to know how my grandmother had TIA or even a milder stroke, when she had no high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease or other risk factors. Why there were no signs before?

It is estimated that reliability of the diagnosis of transient ischemic attack (TIA) is low, and specially if it is done by nonneurologists. So, there is a chance that your grandmother didn’t have TIA at all. is often erroneous. Or perhaps, she had circulatory system disorders which have been untreated for many years, as she had no obvious complaints. Is she regularly seeing doctor? Is she a chronically ill due to any disease? When was the last time she has checked her heart condition? These are all aspects that need to be taken into account when assuming whether her present disorder occurred unexpectedly, or there have been signs which nobody noticed.