So, this is quite an embarassing problem, but praise be to the internets for annoynimity.

I'm an 18 year old male, yet to have sex, but likely to happen within the next 5-6 weeks. I've noticed recently (Not to say that it's a new thing, just that I've become more... nervous?) that, during masturbation, my foreskin does not retract around the head of the penis.

I don't believe it's phimosis, as cleaning myself in the shower is no problem at all.

As a method of testing, I made sure this evening to peel the foreskin back before obtaining a full erection, and felt no pain or discomfort.

As such, pain only seems to happen when I try to retract the foreskin over the head whilst I'm fully stiff in the downstairs department ;D

(Also, as a sidenote, is it neccesary or reccomended to peel the foreskin back before putting on a condom?)

Have you ever masturbated with lube/lotion/soap?

Does it still happen when everything is well lubricated?

I'd recommend pulling back the foreskin before putting on a condom, it should make it easier.

The foreskin might loosen up naturally over time and you won't have the problem anymore.