Several times now over the past few years I have developed an outbreat of tiny bumps around the lower portion of my middle finger on both hands. They seem to show up over several days, develop brown spots and then go away. Only this last time did I realize they were filled with water, I pricked several an drained them, the next day where I had several small blisters I had one large blister covering the same area. They do not itch or hurt, and are not bothersome in any way except you can't help but obsess about them. I would not advise popping them as that does seem to have a negative effect. I showed them to the doctor and he did not know what they were, asked if they itched, and when I said no, he sort of moved on and ignored the issue. I did a google search and found this current site, and later mentioned them to a friend describing the symptoms but not mentioning anything about my web search and she immediately and she immediately responded with the same info i had found here, and said they were a type of Dyshidrosis, I looked up the term on the internet and found several sites the following seemed to most closely resemble what I had: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyshidrosis , if you enlarge the picture you may see exactly what you are seeing on yourself, I did. When I got it before I asked people about it and I also got some of the same answers other people get, it's a virus, it's herpes, but I think it is just dermatological condition, and the one constant seems t be it crops up in the exact same place, and that they seem to crop up when under stress. My friend who seemed to know a bit about it said it crops up in the same place because that location is already weakened from previous outbreak, and so the sin there is not as tough, and the bumps have an easier time popping up there. I have not to my knowedge spread them to any one I know, popping them makes them seem to grow because where there was previously two small bumps, they have morphed into one larger bump. I have wiped away the liquid with other parts of my hand and it has not spread the condition to that area. They do develop a brown dot, and seem to disappear a few days later. All and all the whole cycle runs its course in about 2 to 3 weeks. If you get similiar bumps that itch, or are painful then I would see a dermatologist about it as it could be the beginnings of shingles, a form or herpes, or an alien disiease that will ultimately inhabit and control your whole body. I hope this helps people who getse periodically

I just saw your post I have the same. Did you take anything. I'm taking predisone and atarax. They are not painful just embarrassing                
Thanks

I have this same exact condition and was told it was shingles and when I asked the doc about dyshidrosis he gave me that "shut-up, you don't know what you're talking about" look. I've had theses bumps show up 4 different times for a little over a year. I feel when an outbreak is about to occur because the same spot hurts as if I burned it and then the next day the bumps start to show. There are usually about 4 bumps that always appear on my left hand right in the crease of my pinky finger and by the end of the week it morphs into one big blister, then slowly goes back down and disappears. I was given valtrex the 2 times I did go see the doctor and it seems like it just sped up the process a little bit. When I googled shingles, it looks nothing like what I have. It looks more like dyshidrosis. Besides the initial pain I get prior to the blisters showing up, I don't have any other symptoms. There isn't any itching, pain, fever or anything. Just irritation from having blisters on my hand for some awkward reason and doctors can't even tell me what it is.

I was given valtrex. Same thing with me, the blisters aren't painful, just annoying to look at.