My neighbor pushed me down in a cactus"field", and now I have TINY cactus needles all over my arms, legs, and hands. I have tried tweezers, but It only snapped them in half. I tried packing (not like duck-tape at all) tape, but that didn't work. The last thing I tried was shaving and then putting lotion on. That worked a little, but not as much as I need it to. It made my skin itch also. We live in NC, and no one has a "field" of cactus anywhere. Can anyone help me? It hurts REALLY BAD! What can I do? Hurry!
P.S. I can't see them, but I can feel them. :'(

Ouch! Cactus needles can be a real hassle to remove. While the big spiky needles are more painful, they are easy to remove since you can usually grab them with tweezers or finger nails and pull them out. The real problem are the very fine, hair-like needles. These tend to come in clumps of hundreds, and they are nearly impossible to grab hold of. The best way I've found to remove them is to use duct tape. Cut off a piece of tape, press it to the skin with the needles, and then rip the tape off. This will bring needles off with it. It takes a while as you have to repeat this many times, but it usually manages to get most of the needles out. If you have a lot of needles, or the duct tape is not working for you, the final thing to try is waxing. I hope waxing will help you!

While in Florida I encountered having a Cactus needle in my right hand. That sent poisen up to under my arm pit. After going to the second Hospital and being admitted a Doctor told me the next day that their is only one medication that would help me. Called Itraconazole 100 MG . Which solved the problem. Now I'm faced with paying these two high Hospital bills. You would think in to-days technology that a Doctor could find out through the Medical information on line. What is the best medication for cactus infection. Instead I had to encounter pain , suffering.