Hi. Im 22 years old and about 10 minutes ago I decided to shave the inside of my vagina for the first time. I always shaved my bikini line, never had irritation. I trimmed the innner vagina, but never shaved.
I did as EVERYONE recommended.

Here are my 3 questions.

1) To prevent irritation I applied VITAMIN E OIL over shaved area.
Is this a correct method, or will it cause clogged pores?
What is used after shaving. Please be specific on cream brand, etc. Thanks.

2) How long till potential irritation? Its been an hour. No itching sensation.
Please give me your experienced irritation time.

3) I have alot of butt hair (inside not on my butt). How do I reach this area for shaving? Does all woman have inner butt hair, and if so- what do you do to trim them when its hard to even see them!??
(haha)

THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL RESPONSES.

When I shave my vagina I don't usually use any creams or anything and I don't irritate. I think it really depends on the persons' skin.

Its not right of him to ask you, and not do it himself too, in the first place, but if you want to make him happy, you might want to try waxing, because shaving does create bumps, irritation, and you can cut yourself, waxing would hurt, but you might want to try it at least once.

In response to the first post..the answer is brazilian waxing to get rid of your butt hair and you can also wax your vagina as it was stated above, it'll hurt but at least it won't itch like hell, like it would if you shave it.
And another thing, when you wax the hair that is removed won't grow as intensely as it would when you shave.
Another plus is that actual waxing reduces also the time of growth, it lasts long ;-) As Curious88 was complaining about having red spots after 30min and after one day hair regrowth.

Hope this helps!

use shaving cream, shave with a sharp razer.
then apply razer bump cream
"stop bump" is the stuf ive got, works pretty good. 4 bucks a little bottle.. from Superstore.

Try IPL- Intense Pulse Light. You will need the treatment at least 5 times to permanently kill the hair follicle. Each treatment takes about 15 minutes to half an hour and you can actually get rid of your pubic hair permanently.

I used nair on my bum-hole and that ia Not the right choice! It burned and it blead and was painful and itchy for a while after. Just recently I naired my vagina and the lips blead and then a thick layer of scab formed within the next two weeks and it was disgusting because I could do nothing about the area in the meantime. I wish there was waxing where I lived.Is there a home waxing kit you recommend?

if you want to wax your bikini or butt area you should get a microwave hard wax from the store....hard wax is alot less painfull for bikini areas... you also want to make sure that you put baby powder before you apply the wax so the wax only sticks to the hair and not the skin....and you apply it in the direction that the hair grows and rip it off the other way! its not that painful after you do it a couple of times

So I have recently started to try shaving around my vaginal area. However, with the stuff closest to my vagina I have been trimming it with scissors. The other night I accidently caught some skin when trimming the hairs. My question is... should I go see a doctor or will it be okay? It still hurts and bleeds every once in a while, but it isn't very deep. I have been reading a lot about vaginal cuts and such and it does not appear that people have serious problems with it... but I am a little uncertain. Any thoughts?

So basically what I do that works is shave going with your hair, like in the direction your hair grows, going "with the grains" so to speak. And if you're in the shower, use conditioner that you use for your hair to act as shaving cream. I don't get any itchiness or bumps or anything when I do it like that, go slow and trim before you shave it helps alot!

I think I heard of some kind of hand shaver that has plastic blades instead of metal. That might cut down on irratation and cuts.

I use a product called bikini zone. They have specific shaving cream for when you shave that area, and also a product that you put on afterword to prevent irritatation and bumps. It works awesome and even makes that area feel smooth and silky. I love it. I bought mine at Wal-Mart in the Health and Beauty department, but other places probably sell it too.

I've never heard that before and it is the only thing I use. I stopped getting irritation when I started using it and I have extremely sensitive skin and had problems with yeast and uti in the past because of antibiotic use. I cannot even use body soap only cetaphil cleanser which contains no soap on my body and I can't use any perfumed cleanser/soap/detergents. Sorry if you had that experience but I personally cannot believe it. Unless of course you are using the Summers Eve which contains perfumes. The sensitive skin one should be fragrance free and hypoallergenic.

with the but hair situation. nair works very well for me and even on my vagina. i think that person that responded saying that it made her bleed and irritated her is allergic to the product. definitely do a skin test first on your wrist to see if you are allergic. it says to do so on the direction of the product too

OK. IM A WAXING EXPERT. WAXING IS THE WAY TOO GO. BECAUSE SHAVING THE VAGINA IS NO GOOD FOR SOME PEOPLE.
WHEN I FIRST SHAVED I DIDNT IRRITATE. BUT NOW THAT AFTER I STARTED TOO.
THATS WHY YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR AT LEaST A WEEK TO SEE IF YOU WILL IRRITATE.
HAIR REMOVAL CREAM ALSO HELPS. IT DOSNT HURT AND IT ALSO DOSNT IRRITATE UNLESS YOU FIND OUT YOUR ALLERGIC TO IT.
BUT I RECOMEND "NAIR HAIR REMOVE KIT" THIS CAN BE FOUND AT WALGREENS AND WALMART OR WARE EVER THEY SELL TOLITRIES.
-ESTHER- :-D