Hello everybody... I turned 50 this past September, and November 26th I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma. The cancer was located in a lymph node in the right side of my throat, but in this situation the lymph node is secondary cancer and they still need to find the "primary" source of the cancer. Today I went into the hospital for an out patient endoscopy and removal of my right tonsil for biopsy as apparently that is a common location for this type of cancer to start. I had to deal with not only the endoscopy, but also biopsy samples taken from 15 other locations in my throat and nasal passages, and a needle biopsy from the existing tumor in my lymph node. This was all done under a general anesthesia, and I was in a bit of a stupor when I first awakened, but even then I could tell I was going to be in a great deal of pain. That was at 2:30 this afternoon, and since then I have been able to eat a bowl of soup ( with the help of the liquid hydrocodone) and drink a glass of skimmed milk. I do have a high tolerance for pain, but I can tell that without this hydrocodone I would be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. I don't know what type of surgery was used to remove my tonsil.. but I'm beginning to think it may have just been a pair of needle nose pliers. :-) I'm trying to keep my sense of humor, but it's tough....

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about everybody else dealing with this, and I hope you wake up tomorrow completely over this and feeling better than ever!