I had my tongue pierced nearly a week ago. I'm experiencing pain in my jaw on the left side? :-( Is this caused by my pericing and if yes, what should I do about it?

Hi there! I don’t think your jaw would hurt from pierced tongue! Maybe only if a “piercer” put too much pressure when piercing? I honestly can’t relate I only had my nipple, eyebrow and nose pierced! heh I am not sure I would have the courage to pierce the tongue really!

Anyway, you should definitely give your “piercer” a ring, I am sure they had similar situations. I would just like to advise you not to use any aspirin because it promotes bleeding, so if you do decide to use any drugs to relieve the pain, make sure you choose something else like Tylenol for example. Oh yeah, and drink as much cold drinks to reduce the swelling and pain! Hope everything turns out just fine!

yes, the pain is from your piercing.

the pain is just your nerves. its nothing to really worry about.

try to not talk as much,

basically dont move your jaw to much.

you can try sucking on ice. it might take the pain away.

(but dont chew it!)

if you need me;

((:

hey man just got my second one done and got the same thing, was like it for a while. really just follow the advice; rinse your mouth with saltwater/mouthwash after eating/drinking/smoking. on that subject, try not to smoke too much (if you do smoke. if you dont then dont worry about that and good for you) and just try not to mess with the bar too much. as a rule of thumb once you can bend your tongue back on itself without any pain or swelling then your pretty much in the clear. hope this helps :)

Thanks man! Helped !