Everyone once in awhile I get this weird feeling in the back right side of my throat (Rarely the left). I eventually get it out, using a sort of cough method. When I do, it is a small white ball. The smell of it, smells like poop. What is this?

Hi, these sound like tonsil stones. Tonsil stones are an accumulation of lots of things from food to dead skin cells and bacteria, basically a form of plaque. The size depends on the size of the crypt and how long it has been collecting for, sinus problems can contribute to the problem but good oral hygiene and cleaning any noticeable discharge as soon as seen will help reduce the frequency and size of the stones. Some people recommend antibiotics. however this is not appropriate and will serve no use other than to help build a resistance for any future problems, others recommend tonsillectomy as the only treatment, however this too has been reported not to have solved the problem as crypts still remain, and the first line of defence - your tonsils - has been removed, therefore increasing the chance of a more serious infection, so prevention really is the only route of benefit in this case, hope this info helps

It has been sub-sided for a good year now and my tonsils are still here. It will come back, but I am pretty sure it is not the plaque.

i agree, it does sound like tonsil stones, ask your dr about them he/she will be able to give you more information.. or click this link and have a read for yourself, definately does sound like tonsillolith ((tonsil stones!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

Hello Guest,

It is not the plague. What Casig5976 said is that it is plaque like what you find on your teeth called tartar buildup.