Hi, I am a 63 years old woman, and I have pain in my neck and arm for several days. It started when I fell asleep in a very uncomfortable chare. I guess that my nerve is trapped. Could this be the reason?

It happened to me several times to fall asleep in uncomfortable position and to wake up with pain. I visited a doctor about this problem only once , and he told that the pain was caused by a trapped nerve. Actually, it wasn’t one location of a nerve that was trapped, there were more locations, and the pain was really strong. A doctor called it "double-crush", and I remember I couldn’t move my arm and shoulder. I tried to reduce the pain with massage, and it did help me a little. Beside massage, I bought some patches and put them on my neck and shoulder. If you’re not sure if you have trapped nerve, you should have a detailed scan of the area. You can have CT scan, or an MRI scan.