Hi, I suffer from trimethylaminuria since I was 15. I was never more depressed in my life. I have no social life, because everyone avoids me. My body produces a strong odor of rotting fish. I know there is no cure for trimethylaminuria, but I need to know if there is any way of reducing the smell.

I know exactly how you feel. I suffer from trimethylaminuria too, and I had so many problems especialy in puberty. All the kids were evoiding me and laught at me. It was a traumatic experience. My mother had trimethylaminuria too, so as my grandmother. This is a disorder in which the body is unable to break down trimethylamine, which has a strong odor of rotting fish in sweat, urine, and breath. I found oot recently about some ways to control the smell. First, avoid food that contains choline and trimethylamine-oxide, the precursors of trimethylamine. Then, you can take low doses of antibiotics for bacteria in the gut, and finaly you can use soaps with a moderate pH, between 5.5 and 6.5.

My name is Mickah I was wondering are you lady's aware of the support group for trimethylaminuria were are you located? I'm in California. Their are alot of people suffering from Trimethylaminuria I would like to meet you I'm a female . I would like to get a TMAU support group together .

P.S.
Take Care :-D

Hello all,

My name is Marvin So, and I am undergraduate student at the University of California, Berkeley. I am authoring an article on Trimethylaminuria for the Issues Berkeley Medical Journal. I really want to write this article to boost awareness of this disease and hopefully convey the plight anybody afflicted with it must face. If you are interested in conducting an interview, either by phone, email, in person, or whatever medium you wish, please contact me. My email is ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
. Thanks for your time. :)

-Marvin So

i live in california and i am trying to start a foundation entitled trimethylaminuria of california,,,,i also would like to be a part of any project that any student needs, 916-344-5849

here's my yahoo group

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

i am a male and headed to be tested next week.

what kinds of foods can you eat that want make this smell come out can you eat meats

i am also suffring . i heard champax is good for tmau but i didnt use yet because it is very costly in qatar.

I live in Southern California is there anyone here in my area that's looking for friends? I think I have this condition and I need support. Think I'm going to lose my job because of this. I sit at the front desk and my co workers avoid me, customers cover their nose..please is there anyone out there near me?

hi chery

i have been living with this for past 25 years. its hell not because we have this condition but
life others make which is hell. Humans are the worst animals on earth.
eat veg and water hope for the best no cure i ve tried everthing. keep awy from jokers
live life with smile dont let others to get to you.
love your self and others with this condition
if you want to chat . please dont be astranger

HI MICAH I ALSO SUFFER FROM CHRONIC BODY ODOR, ALTHOUGH I HAVN'T BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH IT YET I THINK I HAVE IT, I'VE SUFFERED FROM THIS PROBLEM SINCE I WAS 10 YAERS OLD, AND PRAY THAT IT CAN BE OVER SOON. I ALSO LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WITH THIS CONDITION IN MY AREA, I WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP WITH YOU, PLEASE I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY.

LIN

HI THERE IM FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND I ALSO SUFFER FROM THIS CONDITION, I WOULD LIKE TO MEETUP WITH OTHER PEOPLE FROM CALIFORNIA, IF THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD AGREE TO CONTACT ME.

LIN

Hi! How are you? I think I have this condition, never been tested. As a child I dont remember having this. When I was a young adult starting getting a problem. Things have gotten worst over the last 7 or 8 years. What a lonely life. I have to work and its just horrib le. I stay to myself . I like to talk with other people with this condition

I'm from Northern California and I have been dealing with this for the past 3 years and it's made my life misrible

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi I live in California.