I have small breasts and big nipples, I don't like it. 

I read somewhere a statistic that there's a relation between small tits and big nips. It's not systematic of course, but there seem to be more women with small tits having big nips and more women with large tits having small nips. Also it said that the size of the areola depends on the size of the tits, the bigger the tits, the larger the areola. I've found this generally to be true in the women I saw naked. I'm only a B-cup and I've got quite meaty nips which grow long when they get hard and it took me a long time to accept them. When I was 16 there was another girl in my class with very small tits but also with very small nips and you couldn't even tell the difference when they were hard and I envied her. But I've never again seen a woman with small tits and small nips. So be happy with what you got.

Works for me, at least the bit about the size of the nipples. I'm A-cup, with nipples I feel are too big for my breasts (more or less 1,5 cm wide and +/- 1,2 cm high, a little bit higher even when hard) but I've also got areolas which are larger than would be appropriate for my breast-size (5 cm right, 5,5 cm left) and set higher on the breast than they should be (which makes the nipple set 1/3 from the bottom of the areola and the top of the areola show when I wear push-up or balconette bras). But I feel all this makes my breasts something special and I'm happy with them as they are.
Just to add to the stats: it's true, I often noticed that women with large breasts do not generally have the largest nipples. I've often seen large breasts with large areolas and tiny pointy nipples. Small breasts you don't see that often, but large nipples and small areolas is I believe generally true. I remember in particular a friend I had when in school and when she grew nipples nearly all the dark skin which had seemed to become her areolas transformed into becoming the nipples leaving her with only a very small areola which when her nipples got hard wrinkled and rose the nipples considerably and ended up being part of the nipple themselves. However her breasts stayed more or less flat: she grew a small mound on each side but they didn't develop into a normal breast shape. We often compared our breasts during puberty so I remember all these details very well.

I'm in. A-cup with 1.3'' areolas and 0.5-0.6'' nipples (depending on wether they're erect or not). My sister has B-cup, larger areolas (maybe 1.6''), small nipples, barely visible when soft and maybe 0.2'' when erect. Mum has small breasts too, empty and sagging because of the pregnancies and breast-feeding, but also because of that with larger areolas and very big, dark, constantly hard nipples (I would guess 0.7'' large and 0.8'' long).

don't know
I'm a B-cup and my nipples are 0.5 large and 0.2 high (0.5 when hard) and my areola 1.5, whereas my sister's a A-cup and her nipples are 0.3 left and 0.2 right when hard and her areolas are puffy, the left one is the puffiest and is 2.2, the right one is less puffy and is 1.9. Seems more like a random thing to me.

women from some countries have it sometimes: India, China, Japan, Africa
I'm from Japan, but I have small nipples
but my cousin has very big nipples and also another cousin and my best friend has also fairly big nipples. They have all small breasts.
I'm a coach in female athletics. Obviously only few women with large breasts persevere so my statistics are not general. Age 18-24 which is the age category I coach 4 out of 5 wear A-cup or less. I have only seen now and then really big nipples on the larger breasted women and I would say that half have really small ones. For the smaller breated I would say that only 1 out of 6 or 7 has small nipples as I do. The rest half have normal nipples and half big ones.

you can get an operation, they increase the size of your breasts and they can diminish the size of your nipples/areola, but you will see scars and nipples might lose their sensitivity
you're better off the way you are I believe
my wife's got very small pearshaped but firm breasts with small areolas and nipples when hard you could hang a coat on ;) which "look" slightly up and out, I absolutely love them and she gets appreciative looks whenever she's topless

I've got A-cups with tuberous deformity ("snoopy breast"), the areola covers up the whole front part of my breasts with only a hint of a nipple but when hard it transforms into a giant nipple.

I know all of those, my left breast is like that.
Take care!

large nips, quite the norm with small boobs i'm afraid, don"t know why