Hello, this is my first time writing here. I've had an on and off anal fissure for a little over two years. 6 months ago it got REALLY bad and my doctor did a surgery on me. After the surgery I found myself having to wear Kotex pads because i was bleeding and having a thin stream of... umm... (sorry for this).... diarrea type poop always coming out the new hole above my anus that the doctor made in the surgery. I was told that just to keep that area clean, dry, and sit bathes and i would be fine because that wound would close. 3 months later, the wound never closed. When i went to my doctor again, he did told me that an emergency surgery had to be done to close that hole (the one he did in the first surgery). I got surgery done for the second time in 3 months and this time he closed the hole he had made in the first surgery by making another one! Its been two months from that surgery and im still wearing kotex pads EVERYDAY at ALL moments because that new hole doesnt close! To make matters worst, i have an outside tear above my anus about an inch long where he made the first hole in the first surgery, and a hole bigger than my anus itself under my anus (this is the hole from the second surgery). Oh... and upon my doctor seeing this, he referred me to go to another proctologist because he didnt understand what was happening to me. Im currently going to the bathroom 7 times a day and in a diarrea type stool (my doctor mentioned that side effects of the surgery would be that i cant hold stool in). I write to the people here because only you know how it feels like to pass through extreme pain everytime you go to the bathroom. I already lost my job because i wasnt approved leave for medical purposes and all i want to do is ease the pain and start healing. Can anyone help??!!!!

I am so sorry to hear your story and your pain - I can just imagine.  I have horror stories (diarrhea ones too) prior to getting diagnosed with my celiac disease and proctitis; I would go upto 12 times a day and if I had to go I HAD to go now (the rest you can imagine).  I am curious if your doctor has ever put you on a gluten free diet or talked to you about celiac disease?  The way you have diarrhea reminds me of me before being diagnosed with it - it starts with a simple blood test for celiac (TTG blood test) and if your #'s are high enough, 25 was around normal and I was at over 130 so the next step was a scope up the intestines and take a sample of intestines.  Of course I was positive for celiac and even though on a gluten free diet, I am better but I will never get a 100% better as my intestines got really damaged as I have had this my entire life and only got diagnosed almost 5 years ago.  If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.  I do have other suggestions for you if you would like, just post back.

Hope I can help!?

Hello, sorry to hear about your story. I have an update on my condition. I went on an extreme diet where i only eat vegetables, roots, fruit shakes, expo crackers, and water. No meats, no juices, no nothing! And I also put on drops of Polis (my dog ate the bottle label so i dont have the exact name now) on the holes where the surgeries were done (the ones that never closed) and its working!!!!!. Polis is a small brown bottle, all natural, i bought it in walgreens, its main purpose is to help out your immune system. My mother in law is a cancer surviver and she recommended i placed a few drops of it everynight and the holes are creating tissue and sealing up! I literally cried after two weeks of using this and my diet when i saw that not only i am feeling EXTREMELY better, its CURING!!!

Could you get the exact name of it if you wouldn't mind? I'd like to try it I think. Do you think they sell it in Canada?