I suffer chronic anal fissure and my gp suggested me surgery. I’d like to hear experiences from people that had it. I used different ointments, like lidocain, hydrocortisone and glyceriltrinitrate but nothing helped. I changed my lifestyle and nutritional habits to avoid constipation. Anyway, I am going to do that surgery next month. Please post if you have already done that.

I had lateral sphincteroctomy last year. It really relieved me from pressure within canal that had disturbed me. Before I had done it, I really suffered severe pain and was using great amount of pain killers. The procedure was done with a general anaesthesia. It’s very important to keep that area clean and dry after the surgery. I feel much better, what is the most important.

Hi,I had mine removed about two years ago,and I'm totally fine now,but the recup it is a very painfull situation,it last for about a week or two after that you should exercise the muscle,you know,like hold and let go.After two years I had anal sex for the first time in my life and it was great no side effects from the surgery.I'm 33 years old.
Thank you.

Hi - I had the suregery 2 weeks ago and after 6 long years of suffering i feel fabulous, i regret not getting it done sooner.

I had my lateral sphincteroctomy done ten days back! This was my second surgery within a month !! First one was for ovarian cyst, completely different from the second surgery...I had great pain for 5 months...and now i feel great!! But the recup is very tough...thats ok I dont have to bear the pain every day :-) After surgery it is very important to keep the area clean and have a "sitz bath" regularly!!
Good luck for ur surgery and have a safe recovery!

I had the surgery about a week ago. It has been a very painful recup. I don't have the pain I had before surgery. It is replaced with a new pain. I do hope that this will go away soon. I have what appears to be a hole on the outside of my anal area. This is really conscering me. Will this hole close and heal soon? I will be calling my surgeon. I was not pleased with him. I just really did not know what to expect. Again the recovery has not been easy.

I'm getting ready for my surgery on Friday the 15th and I can't wait. I've been suffering from this horrific pain ince January and I can't hardly stand it. From reading the posts I have a really good feeling about this. I'm mostly concerned with the passing of gas. I ride the bus and work in an office, so I really don't look forward to that part of it if it happenes at all. Other than that I have nothing but a good feeling about my surgery. Thanks for all your positive posts regaring this kind of surgery.
:-)

how much does the surgery cost

i did the surgery almost 3 weeks ago. still i feel difficulty in Sitting for long and driving is difficult. it costed me around $2,300