Hello! My mom has been diagnosed with hypothyroid. She’s been having problems for quite some time. She’s been very moody and gained a lot of weight, and is so slow and out of energy. I don’t like to see her that way and I would like to get a general picture about this problem. Thank you

Hi! Hypothyroid is the most annoying disorder. I know because I have it. It’s been impossible for me to lose weight and I gained quite a lot since everything started. It took me ages to bring my thyroid levels to normal but I am still taking medication and I think i will have to take them for the rest of my life. Probably your mom too. Thyroid gland is located bellow the Adam's apple. It makes hormones that influence our metabolism and energy levels. In hypothyroid disease, the body’s immune system attacks thyroid gland and too little thyroid hormones are produced. Patients experience may problems just like your mom did. I also started having severe menstrual problems, I was always cold and my skin became very, very dry. I managed to get rid of symptoms when my hormonal levels stabilized but I still have problems with weight.

I have papillary carcinoma probelm, one type of tyroid cancer. Both of my tyroid gland had been removed & I'm taking tyroixine hormon tablet every day, until my last day.
I heard that woman with this type of problem must not pregnant again. It will lower baby IQ. Is that true?

what are the syntoms for thyroid not working?