Hi, I am a woman in late twenties. My problem is that I am unable have a BM. The only way it can be done is with enema. I have a soft stool since I am taking a lot of liquid and some medications in order to get these results. When I get into the position for having a BM, the muscle contracts instead of relaxing. What do you think the condition that I have is?

Hi, the problem that you have is called anismus. It is inability of anus sphincter muscle to relax. As a matter of fact, it contracts. That is why you are unable of having BM. Therefore, I suggest you go and see a professional therapist for this kind of condition and do it as soon as possible. In my opinion, the thing that can help you is biofeedback therapy. This is a kind of therapy that helps you to control the anus sphincter muscle. You should also see your regular doctor and do not fail to mention your knowledge about this kind of therapy to him. However, if the biofeedback therapy does not help, surgery is another option. But do not be afraid. Experience tells me that everything will be just OK.