For the last couple of days I have been experiencing unexpected chest pain. I can’t see a pattern to it and I can’t decide if there’s anything that could be provoking it. It may start both when I am sitting or on the move. I am a healthy 34-year old man and have never had similar problems. Could this be something transient or you think I need to see a doctor? My time is extremely limited. Thank you

Unfortunately, I think you will have to take some time for your health. Believe it or not, there are many organs or tissues in chest that could be causing the pain, and in order to realize what the problem is, you need to have an examination. It could be your lungs, heart, esophagus, muscles, nerves or ribs. The most worrisome would be heart as it could lead to life threatening situations. Many factors may be involved like your genetics and way of life. Other causes could be of gastrointestinal nature, pulmonary problems, as well as spine and other musculoskeletal problems. Also, it could be anxiety or prolonged exposure to stress. As you can see, it is essential you got it checked.