Had unprotected sex a week ago. This last episode happened the day before my period was meant to start. My period came for only 1 day and was very light (which is not normal for me, i usually have it 4-5 days.) 3 days after the unprotected sex and 1 day of bleeding I am having physical symptoms. Some lower back pain, near the tailbone, lower abdominal cramping and some vaginal inflammation (feels like throbbing). Had some discharge, but it is similar to the discharge I get when I am ovulating,clear with no smell. I am also very tired and have developed a bit of an upper respiratory infection (I have not been sick/ill in over a year.) Think i had a fever last night as I woke up with cold sweats. Frequently have to urinate as well. I went for the basic STD tests 3 days after the unprotected sex and results have come back negative. I also took a pregnancy test but it was negative (it was only 5 days after sex.) I dont know what to make of this and am anxious. Could I be pregnant considering my period came for only 1 day and I had what could be interpreted as implantation bleeding?

Hey,

The wording of your post is slightly confusing to me. 

It might be that you had a very light period a day before it was meant to come, or that your period was meant to start a day after you had unprotected sex? In any case, you aren't likely to get pregnant from sex the day before your period, like at all. But if you had unprotected sex earlier in your cycle and you had a very light "period" plus pregnancy symptoms like abdominal cramping and urinating more often, you could be pregnant. 

From your post, it sounds more like you are ill with a virus or something, though. If you tested after your period was due and your pregnancy test came back negative, you are 99.9 percent not pregnant. 

More careful next time maybe?

It is unlikely that implantation bleeding would occur only one day after intercourse. The embryo usually implants between 6-12 days after fertilisation.

i have the same problem. i had unprotected sex but my period is not due untill 21days. it says your most likely to get pregnant closer to your period but is it still possible? cos i feel sick, headaches vaginal bleeding. but i wont know for over 2weeks, can i take a pregnancy test b4? i have also read about etomic preganancies or somethin lik tht, im afraid i mite have one of those.

I had sex on March 9, which was 1 week and 1 day ago! I do believe I am pregnant because I believe the condom broke while we were having sex! But what really confuses me is that he told me that the condom didnt broke but 3 mins later he told me it didnt. But i believe his lying. Well i didnt have any symptons. I mean my period came on 3 days later after we had sex. So that confused me even more, because my period usually comes on at the end of the month. Then it came on mad early. I mean if i am pregnant i am going to be very happy but i know for sure my parents are not!

Hi..

Ok well..

I am a twenty-three year old female. On January 3rd 2009, I had unprotected sex with my partner twice. It has now almost been a total of 72 hours since. I've then now noticed a brownish,red like period coming on. Does any one believe i could be pg? I was most fertile around the 4th through 9th of january this year. is it too early to tell? any help would be great, thank you.

I've never had any implantation bleeding or anything brownish or red coming out when I was pregnant so I am not able to answer that for you. I think you have to wait 2 weeks after having sex to test to see if you're pregnant or not. Good luck and if I was you I'd call a dr and ask what you're describing here.

i had unprotected sex on the 14th of august, and then unprotected sex on the 28th august, on the 29th i started bleeding, and it has been quite heavy, i have also had lower back paid, sore heads and very sore stomachs. is it likely i am pregnant? im scared :-(.. the thing that confuses me most is i have already had my period on the 3rd of this month? :S
any help would be much appreciated? xxx

This happened to me as well, and it turned out to be a very bad bladder infection. Within 3 days of taking the meds all symptoms cleared and I was as good as normal. Its an easy test, all your doctor needs is a urine sample.

i got off my period three days before i had unprotected sex, i was taking my pill but the next evening there was blood on the tissue, it only lasted for a few minutes and then it stopped. im worried, what are the chances of me being pregnant?

hi,

i am totally confused i need help! i had sex and he cum inside me 3 days ago...., it was the 6th day after i bleed. my period was march 08 then i had sex march 13 ....still has a little bit of blood
i am now feeling pain when im urinating and abdominal pain i dunno why, can someone please tell me, i am hesitating to see a doctor or an OB gyne. thanks a lot.

It means you're pregnant. Congratulations. Me too, this will be my 6th child, it truly is magical.

go see your doctor cos pain while urinating is never a good sign. it's most likely a STD, sorry!

Hi my last period was on April 20 and i had unprotected sex on May 12. Can there be any chance i can get pregnant. I have been really tired. when would i be get the symptoms if i am pregnant.

hi im 14 years old and on monday may 23 i had unprotected sex. we had a condom it was there on the bed but we didnt use it. i told him to put it on then he told me that he wasnt gonna nut in me he said he knew when he was bout to nut and when he would he was gonna take it out so i thought it would be alrite. but that nite i was on the fone wit 1 of my best guy friends and i told him and he told me that theres pre-cum and its clear on the tip of the penis im scaried to tell my momma and deddy my otha friends say imma be iight but i jus dont kno im scaried and dont kno wat to do. so i jus told him that next month if i dont have my period i was takin a test but the thing is my momma and deddy dont believe in abortions and im only 14 bout to be 15 this oct. im in 8th grade and i graduate june8 so im too young to have a baby and i have a gud reputation so far (its crazy how 1 stupid decission can f**k your life up fo eva) :( :cry: