I had been having recurrent yeast infections for about the past two years. My doctors decided to do a cystoscopy the urologist saw what he thought was a tumor. They did a CT Scan and had me super worried. Then they asked me if I had had a stent put in... NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE!
They believe the stent must have been put in when I had my kidney transplant, but I was never told and the doctors that did that never scheduled to have it removed. Now it is four years later and the urologist is going to remove it. Will there be complications from it being in so long? How could the transplant surgeons have never contacted me to remove it in all this time? Do I have recourse (my insurance and work situation are so different now that it is going to cost me much more than it would have)?

Hopefully there should be no complications but if you were never told about getting a stent, then you need to consider legal action. That's not something they should have given you nor neglected to mention that you received. That could put your health at risk! Fortunately, you're lucky they caught it. What do you think?