Everyone..... how brave of everyone to open up! I have interstitial cystitis,& went undiagnosed for four years and many doctors who did not know where my pain was coming from. Finally, an out of the box doctor figured it out. (Have your urine tested and see if it comes up positive for blood in it-- combined with symptoms a good urologist should be able to diagnose interstitial cystitis. )
I do not recommend going through the hydrodistention that is sometimes used to diagnose interstitial cystitis – it's not worth the pain which is excruciating afterwards for most people. If you are sensitive to sugar, you are likely sensitive to citrus is well. Someone mentioned pasta sauce – it's the tomatoes – as well as the sugar. Pain we are all feeling and speaking of, unfortunately can result from many food sensitivities as well as environmental triggers . Keep it as natural and organic as you can including the products you use iin & on your body -- & around your home. I have been dealing with this for over 12 years and a balance between the Eastern and Western world of medicine, along w/meditation,& with a very strict anti-inflammatory diet has brought me relief. I also take something called BladderEase that really helps.... and of course staying hydrated is always the key – but make sure you're not drinking water that makes your body more acidic – that's another big problem with people who experience this type of pain – it's good to drink alkaline water – keep your body in a pH balanced state. Hope this helps anyone who might be suffering!

Even you dont have hemorroids, get a suppository every nite! That help you with inflamation and please don't drink laxatives they irritate your intestines very much ! The suppository will take care the "costapitation as well the irritation! I was in that situation and feel better! Remember everything down there is close to each other and will get affect too!.hope feel bwtter ..ps i use vitamin E every week for vaginal dryness instead of hormones!

I've been getting these symptoms from drinking carbonated water like Desani and Le Croix. It feels almost like a yeast infection and is really annoying. I had this problem and was treating with home remedies as if it were a yeast infection. I had to leave town for a few weeks and the problem stopped. I return home and start drinking the Desani carbonated water that my husband buys and the whole problem returns. So that's the cause, I think. I don't eat many sweets at all so I think that's the problem. Not much in the literature about that though.

Try George's Active Aloe Vera. You can get it at a health food store. Drink two ounces every morning and four ounces at night, during a flare up. If you aren't having a flare up, drink two ounces at night. Works fairly well.

So.. I have had this burning in my urethra after urination for about 3 years now and I have seen many doctors and have been placed on many strong antibiotics, which I believe made the condition worse. To get to the point I finally came to the conclusion that I have a male yeast infection in the urethra "After doing my own research", which apparently is not common. I finally went to the doctor and told him I believe that I have a yeast infection.. because I have had many urine and blood tests that have come back normal the doctor put me on diflucan @ 150mg every other week.. Thus far I have taken 4 of these tabs over the last 8 weeks and have seen about 80% of my symptoms go away.. The issue still seemed to be there as I was still having a very vary light burning after urination.. for about 5 to 10 min.. So I started to do some additional research and came across the 80 10 10 diet "to control the sugar levels in my blood better, to hopefully starve the yeast", so I decided to couple this diet with intermittent fasting. So I basically water fast "Drinking water, sometimes adding a bit of apple cider vinegar to the water" for 18 hours and only eat in a 6 hour window.. I eat 80% carbs "potato's" and natural sugars from fruit "bananas and strawberries", 10% protein 10% fats "usually a yogurt or two".. and so far my symptoms have gone away about 98%.. it seems at this point that the only time that I have burning after urination.. is within the 6 hour feeding window and the burning is so minute "I can barely feel it" and it only lasts about 1 to 5 min . So I think im on to something here, I have delt with this issue long enough, I wouldn't want any other to have to go through the same issue of trial and error over multiple years.. Hopefully this is the end of my journey with this yeast infection..

Diflucan doesn't work for me . What did they give you?

I've been having the same issue for about a year now. I think it starter after a persistent UTI. Now, I only have it when on a certain part of my cycle and have sugars. It isn't ideal, but what makes it barable for me is taking AZO maximum strength UTI relief pills. Even if I drink tons of water sometimes it isn't enough so I take a dose of this and it goes away. Thanks to these Lil pills I no longer miss work or anything be a use of this bizzar condition.

I am glad to know I am not alone, but kind of sad nobody has a solution, just avoidance of triggers. My symptoms started a year ago. The pain came on so suddenly that I thought it was a UTI. All urine tests were negative. I was bounced between Urology, Gynecology, and my primary doctor with many tests and no answers. I stopped going to the doctor about 6 months ago. I've read many posts about alcohol, caffeine and sugars as a trigger to avoid. One piece of birthday cake or a small sip of wine and I am in near-constant pain for over a week (ibuprofen helps). The comments in this thread mention yeast which my husband's chiropractor also suggested as a cause. But sadly I've seen no "cures" for this yeast mentioned yet. I've started a probiotic but am wondering if I will ever be able to drink wine again? Or enjoy a latte?

thank-you for that information. It's Christmas time and I have been consuming a lot of chocolate and desserts. I am suffering with this problem today. I suspected sweets could be the problem. No more for me and thanks again.

how do i say Flagyl from the same over seas suppliers of the vy aagrua simply ask and use debit card only (disposable ) docs will not give you this item you will need a yrs supli so be ready to spend 175

Thank you! A beautiful logical explanation.

I had the same for years lots of UTIS as well and mine turned out to be diabetese,now anytime I have sweet things chocolate being the worst .I have to sit with a hot water bottle on my bladder .Its really painful and I have almost given up sugar and will continue untill I have .My diet is very low carb .I find just the same as you it’s always the next day like today I’m suffering .What is Ezekiel bread I know of the prophet Ezekiel but not the bread.

I’ve suffered from this problem for years. I noticed it after drinking coffee with sugar or too much sugar in one meal. The pain would be debilitating, and I’d be unable to leave the house for a day! I suggest trying some D-Mannose. It doesnt cure the issue, but will help with a flare up until your body levels itself out. For me- that means getting a lot of water in me.

I am male, 49 and have suffered with this intermittently ALL MY LIFE. No doctors or specialists have been able to give me an answer as to the cause, so starting 3 years ago I self diagnosed. On top of being vegan, glucose intolerant and pre-diabetic, I have restricted my diet even further. Sugar was the first to go - still had symptoms. Honey - same. Too many carbs - same. The biggest help I have found is by cross-examining foods allowable on a diabetic diet and foods that cause IBS - cut out the common no-no's and restrict your portions - it is hard I know - but it does work. Good luck!

This happened to me after UTI!! Do u still have problem?