A month ago I got a really bad UTI; urgency, blood, foul smelling urine, pain everywhere. I couldn't get medication (Cipro) until about 2 weeks later. While there is no longer any of the really bad, usual UTI symptoms, I have a strange not-tooooo-painful but VERY uncomfortable and VERY annoying feeling in my urethra after I urinate, and this sensation throbs for 2 hrs after going pee (especially when I move those kegel muscles a bit), then it subsides...until I pee again, and it comes back. It's almost as if my urethra is frayed, swollen, or inflamed, and the urine wakes up the strange sensation, and it's to the point that I don't even want to urinate because of the way my urethra is going to feel afterwards. Has anyone experienced this? I hope this goes away (been trying to eat well and keep hydrated), I don't know how much longer I can take this!

Yves,

I have had very similar feelings for about 2 months now after I bladder infection. Did you ever find out what was wrong? I hope you are feeling better..

Thank you

Hi, I had two UTIs in the last 19 days and was treated with 2 different antibiotics each time. The second time around the UTI was very painful, I had the burning sensation in a period of about 5 hours until it finally went away. I am still taking antibiotics and have another 3 days to go, however the discomfort in my urethra doesn't go away. Is is very mild and disapears some time after drinking water, but comes back after urinating. I really hope it will go.
Also I have suffered UtIs on and off during my life since I became sexually active. I have realized looking at my life that the only stretch of time when I had no episodes was during pregnancy & breastfeeding. Is it possible that there is a connection between low estrogen levels and UTIs?

I noticed its been four years, but I was hoping you could tell me if your urethra symptoms went away, I am suffering from the same issue and was hoping you could give me hope ;-)

Hi, sorry to hear about it. I am feeling better as I totally changed my diet, no more excess of sugar or salt. Also started jogging 3 times a week for about 30 minutes. I had always been a couch potato, so that was difficult. Anyway, a good diet & exercising retularly boosted my immuno system and I have only had a UTI once in the last 2 years. Hope you get better soon, the feeling should go away!