Hi, i recently went to the doctors because i had felt something wrong around my left testicle. To which he told me was varicocele veins filling up with blood (which is why i can only feel it when im stood up). It hadnt hurt once, but today, 3 days later, its aching. Its more like the bottom of my stomach, but on the left side. Maybe it will pass. But the doctor told me "I wouldnt lose any sleep over that", so i thought great its hardly anything wrong. Until i just read on here that it can stop you from having children. Is that correct? I think my doctor should have told me this if so.

Thankyou for your time.

if you can ejaculate it should be fine and will pass in a few weeks, if it does not and is causing you pain it might be a idea to visit the doctor again and ask for a closer look.

hope this helped...

Hello Mike, I was just searching the net regarding varicocele as my husband and have just found out he has it. It has effected fertility as it is and has been undetected in my husband for sometime, we are in our mid 30's. You should have further checks to ensure that all is okay. It was recommended to my husband that he has surgery. I do not want to worry you but it would be a good idea of you haven't already done so to have it checked further. Remember each case is individual and you could be ok. Have your sperm count checked by a GP.