Uh hi, I lost my virginity about four days ago, I'm 18, I masturbate regularly and I've never had an issue with anything downstairs before. But yesterday my clit was super sore and a little swollen and pink, and today, I woke up and it seemed fine. Until tonight, now it's super itchy and red, but the swelling seems to have gone down, so I don't really understand. 

All of my friends haven't lost their virginity yet and I cant ask my mother or sister either. 

Health Guru

Hi sararose3. You could have an external yeast infection by what you describe if you Google your symptoms you get more of an idea. Hope this helps :-)

So, do I see my doctor? Or will my caging fix itself?

Health Guru
You would do best to go see your doctor to get it checked out because yeast infections very rarely get better by them selves only worse. You can get creams from the pharmacy to treat it if out want to try that first. You should also talk to your mum or your sister about it as it has nothing to do with the fact you had sexual intercourse if it is a yeast infection, if possible try not wearing panties when you can to let the area breath and when you bath/showe don't use soap on the area because that can irritate it more. Yeast infections are perfectly normal and nearly every woman will get them at least once in there lifetime.

Do you know any creams I can purchase at a chemist? And could sex have brought the infection on if it is a yeast infection?

Health Guru
The best thing you can do is go into the chemist explain your irritation and see what they recommend, having sex could of helped bring it on but not always will it, the cause of yeast infections is a change in the vagina acidity killing off the good bacteria in there that helps keep it clean and infection free. Do you have any other symptoms like unusual discharge?

I just have my usual discharge here or there, but it's changed a bit, I can't see a doctor until this time next week. Below my clit has gone all red, but it isn't itchy anymore. I did have like white discharge within my clit area for the past two days, but that's not there anymore either

That white stuff's back, but around the red area instead now and it's only unbearably itchy every now and then

Health Guru
You can go to the chemist and ask them for Canesten Cream that's for treating yeast infections. I know that's available in England depends what country your in though. Hope this helps :-)

My period starts in two days, should I wait until after that to start a treatment?

Health Guru
Starting your period shouldn't make any difference about treatment I wouldn't think. Just read on the instructions and see what they say.