I've recently come of age hahahaha. I'm in my fifties and the wrinkles and dark spots are starting to show! I hardly ever used foundation before but now when I try to do it I seem to be getting lots of foundation stuck in the wrinkles. And also I have pretty red cheeks and foundation doesn't seem to conceal them all the way.

So what I wanted to ask is, is there a specific foundation that works better on, to put it nicely, older ladies? Upper middle aged ladies to be precise, I'm not 90 yet. But perhaps people who are also want an answer to this question.

Share please!

"Mature skin" would be the nice way to phrase that :).

You may want to look into these:

• Revlon ColorStay foundation, which despite its cheap price has excellent write ups.
  • Boots No. 7 tinted moisturizer. This might be a good pick for you especially because you mentioned you had rarely used foundation before, and tinted moisturizers are just much easier to work with.
  • Clinique Almost Powder Makeup, again very easy to use and great for mature skin.
  • MAC Face and Body foundation, weirdly enough I have heard that this is better for mature skin than their specific face foundations.

There are many others, but this should give you a range of very different options to decide from.

After experimenting with numerous different foundations, I have finally settled on one that I love! It is by Lancome and called Regenerie Lift makeup, and it is just awesome. You know how some foundations just have a way of flocking to your wrinkles, giving you uneven coverage and a really bad look? Well, this one doesn't do that. It's coverage is medium, good enough to make you look good but not heavy enough to make you look like a droid. Another bonus is that it's non-greasy. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

My mom uses tinted moisturizer, which she thinks is more natural and sophisticated for people in her age group. She uses one by Bobbi Brown, which has the additional benefit of being extra hydrating for people with dry skin, which she has. Normal foundations look very bad on extremely dry skin, especially if that dry skin is also older skin. With this tinted moisturizer, my mom always looks glamorous in a stylish way, not in an overdone way, if that makes sense? It suits her very well. She's very subtle with her clothes as well, looking good but not over the top.

There has never been a better time to get older, including makeup-wise! Some great products have already been mentioned so far, but there are so many foundations out there for older skin now that you have no shortage of choice! Other options you may like to take a look at include but are not limited to:

*LaMer - The Treatment Creme Foundation
* Make Up Forever - Liquid Lift Foundation
* Chanel - Perfection Lumiere Long Wear Flawless Liquid Makeup
* Estee Lauder - Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Makeup

These are all higher end products that deliver the absolute best but also come at a higher price. I think it's worth it, because what you get in return is looking fantastic.

Celebrity

Hey,

I am not in this age group quite yet, though I sometimes feel I am there already as I have very sensitive skin that quickly looks older than it is, now in my early forties. What I would suggest is something you may not have considered because it seems counter-intuitive: powder mineral foundation. MAC Mineralize foundation is one such option, but there are many others too including cheaper and more natural/non-animal tested options. The powder covers a lot better than you may guess, and doesn't seem to settle into wrinkles the same way liquid foundation, which quickly looks cakey, does. I highly suggest you try it.

Rosie