I have been trying to have a 2nd child with my bf but no luck. I been using OPK to predict ovulation. My question: 1 1/2 wks ago I took the OPK - 2nd line was a little darker but i took it as neg. a little while later i noticed a large amount of egg white cervical mucus. I had sex with my bf but now im wondering if i was really fertile. I know egg white mucus is sign of fertility- so anybody have an opinion? Im goin CRAZY wondering. My period is due the 22 but i have no preg symptoms- however i didnt have any this early with my first either. HELP!! ?

Are you using any kind of lubrication?

Some commercial lubes can severely impair sperm motility and kill them.

For example Astroglide is practically a spermicide.

There are lubes specifically meant to help procreation, one of them is called "Pre Seed".

Good luck. :-)

Ive always heard that if you focus so much on trying to get pregnant, the less likely it will happen. That may be why you often here of unplanned pregnancys, rather than planned ones. Maybe if you just try not to think about it, it will happen. I would also try having sex every 2-3 days ensuring that there are enough of his swimmers in you all the time.

good luck!