I am sure there are threads out there on this topic, but I'm going to put this out there anyway. I have never wanted anything in life more than I want to be a mother. My husband and I have been together for six or seven years now...married for two of them. During the first year I was fresh out of college (we are both 25 now) without a teaching job. We discussed kids and my hubby said that when I get a teaching job. we have insurance. and we are 25 we can. Welp, we moved from Pennsylvania to South Carolina this year so I could teach high school special ed. therefore have insurance..and like I mentioned earlier, we are 25. The problem is, anytime I mention children he says " I guess its gonna be one of those types of days" Gha. That gets me everytime. I had agreed to his terms because they seemed reasonable. I have fulfilled my part of the bargain..and our schedules work great because I teach mon through fri and he has longer shifts but only works fri throuh monday so we wouldnt need daycare every day..plus i get maternity leave.. His sister has two beautiful boys (1 and 2) and now my little sister is having a baby. i cant help but be depressed and i am starting to be angry towards my husband because i played by the agreed upon rules and now they have changed. Can anyone offer any advice???

Sometimes we plan things in a certain way but becoming a father or mother isn't really something that we can make agreements over. The point is that he shouldn’t have told you that if conditions a,b,c,… were full field that he would become a father. The fact  that your little sister is becoming a mother too maybe aggravating this urge feeling you have now to become a mother yourself. As far I understood he never mentioned that he will never have children, he just doesn’t feel he is up to it yet, right? You are both very young and sometimes in life you have to do a step back to do 2 steps forward after that… I would forget about it for some months and give him some time, will apparently he needs! I’m a mom and aunt, my little sister had kids before me too, believe me it is great to be aunt and after that mother! 

Thank you for your advice. I am already an aunt, and it is great! I hear a lot of people say, "you are young" but the fact is, my parents (who have been married for 30+ years) were married and had two (out of the four) kids by the time they were my age. My husbands parents were in the same situation. Our families had children "young" but by our family's standards, we are right at "the age" to have kids. I have stepped back from the issue a months at a time but it hasn't helped in the past. He seems a bit more open to the idea now, within the past week. I mapped out the cost of a baby in the first year or so by researching mommy blogs and we have started a baby fund that we add to every week. In just a few months, we will be set to raise a baby for the first year or so (plus we will still be adding to the baby fund even after kids come along for some cushion). I think my hubby is s.l.o.w.l.y getting the baby bug too.