I am 23 (24 this may) and my husband is 22 (23 in august) we have been together for 61/2 years and married for almost 5 of them. when we first got married we tried for a couple months then stopped trying for a baby a decided together we needed to be more stable and only being 19 i was okay with that. After that he avoided the topic and would say he wants to still be young and we need to make more money. Now we both are officers which puts us at around 75k a year together which to my standards is financially stable. The past few months i have finally got him talking about names and so we have 2 names picked out but when i want to talk further he says he wants to be young and have fun, mind you we sit at home all day when we have off, we don't go out to do anything and its a super rare occasion if we do. H wants to wait 5 or 6 more years! I personally think its insane and don't want to wait so long. Everyone i know has kids and they are so happy most of my friends recently had their 2nd or 3rd and being married longer than them with no kids makes me look at myself like why not me? Sometimes it makes me feel like he just doesn't want kids with me. He is so happy around other peoples kids but wants to wait forever for his own. i honestly don't know what to do.

I agree with your husband, why rush into having children? you are only 24, why not spend a least another couple of years seeing the world before you get tied down with kids? You have plenty of time on your side.