I only wear eyeglasses for reading. About six months ago I noticed that it was very uncomfortable to wear any reading glasses. The area around my eyes and nose gets a cold, numb sensation and feels uncomfortable. The longer I wear the glasses, the longer the sensations lasts after I take the glasses off. I tried contacts and I do not get the sensation, but could not adjust to monovision or the loss of distant vision. Saw a neurologist who did a 20 minute basic neuro exam and said I was fine and it should go way. It is very disconcerting. I have started using audio books when I want to read a novel for pleasure. Help!

Did you ever receive answers for this?  I have a hard time wearing my glasses because they cause a burning sensation across the bridge of my nose that ends up making it's way down my entire nose. I can't figure out what is causing it.

Oh I so wish someone would have an answer for this because I too have been experiencing this for 8 months now. If anyone knows if gremlin or the previous guest were able to receive a diagnosis please post or if you just have insight concerning it please HELP.

Have either of you two been tested for fibromyalgia this happened to my grandmother in the beginning stages of fibromyalgia

I have had the same problem too and it was really starting to impact my ability to work. I found this support for glasses that has helped. I would not wear it out of the house for obvious reasons, but to get some relief at least at home has been great!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am Guest and after seeing a neurologist for scans and nerve conduction testing have been diagnosed with neuropathy.

I also suffer with this ... wearing glasses for just 5mins will make the left arm on my body go numb and I also feel really giddy with pins and needles in my face. Its awful and makes me feel rubbish for the rest of the day. I asked my doctor and optician about it and they look at me like I am mad. I am long sighted and had my eyes laser''d about 8yrs ago which was amazing and was told because of my prescription it would'nt last . So now my vision is not as good again and I am very frustrated Its unbearable to wear glasses. Would love to hear from any of you if find any more info on this matter?

Wow I don’t feel alone same thing happens to me

Are the glasses heavy? Heavy frames/glasses can pinch nerves and cause numbing, tingling, etc.