What foods to avoid after gallbladder surgery?

FRIED, FATTY, GREASY FOODS AND BROCOLLI

I had my gallbladder removed about 2 weeks ago and can eat pretty much anything. I've had french fries, onion rings, pizza, salads, raw veggies, etc. I think it just depends on the individual. My friend had hers removed over a year ago, but can only eat fried foods in small amounts or she'll get very nauseous. It's just trial and error, I guess. Good luck!

Hi. I felt brilliant and back to normal for about a month after my surgery but 3 months later I am suffering with constant diarrhoea and weight gain - even though I have a healthy diet. I have asked the question as to what to do and am waiting for some help. :-D

Cholesterol plays a major role in gall bladder illness. The bile of obese people is super-saturated with cholesterol, leading to the growth of gallbladder symptoms and gall bladder diseases. Recommended diet for gall bladder disease:

* Avoid fatty or fried foods and red meat. Substitute your salad dressings with vinegar and olive oil
* Avoid large meals especially during bed time
* Avoid carbonated drinks as they can trigger the movement of the stone causing more pain.
* Do not go in for binge or purge diets. Slow, steady weight loss is the key to a healthy body.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed