I heard of a diabetic medication called Victoza (Lirglutide) and it sounds very intriguing.  It sounds intriguing because not only does it help control diabetes, it helps you lose weight!  Has anyone else heard of having weight loss on Victoza or Lirglutide?  I would love to hear your experience.  How much did you lose and how long did it take?  Are there any bad side effects with Victoza?  I need to lose about 45 pounds and I am having such a time getting it off.  I think this medication will be the ticket to losing the weight I need to lose. 

An article I have read totes Vicotoza (Lirglutide) as better than Byatta for glucose control and helping with weight loss.  It works similar to other oral meds by stimulating the beta cells in the pancreas that produces the insulin.  It gives the signal to the specialized cells to release insulin in response to the increase of glucose in the blood.  Victoza shows much promise and is very effective in blood glucose control.  The weight that people lose is shown to stay off as they take Victoza for their diabetic therapy.  It has shown that it does not tend to cause the patients who take it any hypoglycemic events so that is a big plus as well.  I think you would benefit quite a bit from taking Victoza.

I have heard anything about this medication until now.... I would be very interested in trying it!! I need to lose weight AND control my blood sugar... this pill sounds like a godsend! I will definitely ask my doctor about Victoza and see if I can get him to prescribe it. Has anyone else been on Victoza and lost weight on it? Did it take you very long? I have about 30 pounds to lose myself, so this would be ideal for me. the only concern I would have would be if my insurance will cover it.